Recently sold this bike via auction on eBay. However, the top bidder backed out and the 2nd top bidder hasn’t responded to my option at a 2nd chance offer. A tad frustrated by this process, but I am going to list this at a BUY NOW with the listing price being that of $7,000. That is $500 less than the top bidder on the auction. This bike is one of a kind. Not a bike turned into a cafe racer with bolt on parts and a paint job. It’s a great bike and it runs great. The details below are from the previous auction listing.
Custom, modified and rebuilt 1978 Honda CX500. Spent over two years customizing this vintage motorcycle. Runs perfect. Below is a list of upgrades, mods, and details about the bike.
– 2007 GSXR 750 frontend swap (rebuilt both) with new tire, rotors, brake lines, discs, handlebars, brake cylinder, clutch line, grips, brake and clutch levers.
– Custom floating seat structure made from scratch with thick aluminum
– New solo seat from Biltwell
– Custom rear linkage made from scratch with high grade chromoly and heavy duty bearings
– New wiring harness created from scratch. Hidden as much as possible.
– Vintage head lamp off of a 70’s Norton Commando
– Vintage rear lamps
– High end solo shock from a 2002 Indian Chief
– Newly rebuilt carbs
– Hidden ignition switch- Shortened exhaust with custom muffler built inside- Wrapped exhaust- Upgraded Mosfet Reg/Rec- Upgraded sealed battery- Rear rim is off of a GL. Took the spokes of the CX and attached them to the rim of a GL to allow for a fatter rear tire than the stock CX
Please let me know if you have any questions. I will be adding more pictures soon.
UPDATE: I have lowered the BUY NOW price to $6,250.
UPDATE: It seems as though eBay struck again. My account was hacked and all my listings were removed. I just got off the phone with them and got all my listings restored. I now have the bike back up and listed for $5,750. Please let me know if anyone has any questions. This bike is a legit bike. I can privately message anybody with videos or more photos if necessary. Hopefully it sells the third time around. Haha. Thanks!