The K100RT BMW Cafe Racer.
Given the vast array of custom work and updates, it’s hard to imagine that this bike rolled out of the factory some 33 years ago!
Model: BMW K 100 RT
Engine & Transmission
Displacement: 987.ccm (60.23 cubic inches)
Engine: Type: In-line Fout, Four-Stroke
Power: 90.0 HP (65.7kw) @ 8000 RPM
Top Speed: 206 km/h (128 mph)
Bore x Stroke: 67.0 x 70.0 mm (2.6 x 2.8 inches)
Valves per Cylinder: 2
Fuel Control: Double Overhead Cams/Twin Cam (DOHC)
Cooling System: Liquid
Transmission type, Shaft Drive (Cardan)
Chassis, Suspension, Brakes & Wheels
Front Tyre: 100/90-18
Rear Tyre: 130/90-17
Front Brakes: Dual Disc
Rear Brakes: Single Disc
Physical Measures & Capacity
Weight Incl. Oil, 272.kg (599.7 Pounds)
Fuel Capacity: 22.00 Litres
1. Dropped front and added clip-on and bikini fairing.
2. Subframe in back to raise the height and added cafe racer seat with custom leather (from 1945)
3. Chopped rear footpegs.
4. Removed paint on the tank to bare aluminium and polished.
5. Custom bent up straight through exhaust with fibreglass wrap.
6. New rear wheel and tire and powder coat painted both rims.
Unique qualities for a 1986 bike that put it 15 years ahead of the competition:
2. Double front Brembo disc brakes
3. Fuel injection
4. RHS driveshaft
5. Flat 4
1. New oil
2. New petrol pump (electronic inside tank)
3. New spark plugs