This is a 1979 CX500 Deluxe modified in the cafe racer style. This is a rider and runs very well. Has a brand new battery and the carbs were removed and professionally cleaned last season. This is a great opportunity to have a solid, reliable bike for not a lot of money – one that has a lot of power, is unique, fun to ride, and is a platform for further modifications if you’re into that.
The changes I’m aware of include (these were all done by 2nd / prior owner):
- Custom, one-of-a-kind “flying twin” sidecovers (prior owner is a artist who does a lot of motorcycle tanks and pieces)
- Small cowl / headlight assembly removed and replacement headlight installed (I believe it came from another Honda)
- Custom instrument cluster cover fabricated and installed
- Installed Nissin Hydraulic front brake master cylinder / lever
- Spin on filter adapter
- Master brake cylinder
- Harley pipes (painted)
- Seat and rear tail assembly removed
- Frame shortened to accommodate new seat
- Custom seat
- New rear fender (I think it came from a harley but can’t be sure)
- Install low profile rear turn indicators
- Header pipes wrapped
- Bar end mirrors
- Tank was stripped of original paint and cleared
- Bike was lowered
I can’t speak to the history of the tires. I’d recommend replacing the rear one at some point. Bonus: This includes an extra rear and front wheel as shown.
Some things to know.
- Because the bike was lowered, it’s sits up relatively straight on the side stand. It takes some focus to get it on the center stand also. You might want to replace or bend the side stand if this is a concern for you.
- As you can see on the photos, the tank was stripped, buffed, and cleared. I like the tank, it gives the bike a bit of an industrial “mad max” kinda look. However, there’s some tiny veins of surface rust that appeared after it was cleared (as told by the 2nd owner).
- The front fender has hit the horn a couple of times (note the dent / paint scraping) when hitting a bump hard when I had let the air pressure get too low on the front fork.
This bike is located between Baltimore and Washington right off of 95. Local pick up or you arrange shipping.