For your consideration is this beautiful 1974 Honda CB360 that was completely rebuilt last year. While not a full restoration, the bike has had an extensive amount of work performed that I will detail below
I started this build one evening in my shop with the intentions of building a quick and somewhat pieced together bike that I could zip around town on. Nothing fancy, but something that i could have fun on and would always run great. This build went far beyond that as i could stop rebuilding, replacing and polishing up little bits here and there
I started this build with just the frame. It was cleaned, stripped and and sanded in the areas where it was needed, and then repainted a satin black.
The engine came frame a good running (sub 12k miles) bike. I had been saving the engine for some time now to use in a project. The engine’s top end was torn down and rebuilt. The cylinders were honed, pistons cleaned, new rings added. The cylinder head was also cleaned a rebuilt. The entire engine has been re-sealed. All components have been sandblasted and recoated. Before putting the engine back into the frame, i added a new high output stator / alternator, a new clutch, cleaned out the centrifugal oil filter, and also added an electronic ignition unit to do away with the points. This engine runs like a top!
The bike is fueled by a set of mikuni VM30 carburetors which really wake this machine up. I have cruised 80mph on this bike with no problems. The exhaust uses the original headed bikes that have been cleaned up and polished and are muffled by two brand new cocktail shaker muffler. I should note that I have done away with the starter and the bike is kick only. A few kicks and an added choke in the months, and this thing turns right over.
As you can see, i have rebuilt both wheels. The old wheels were broken down, hubs sandblasted and recoated, all bearings replaced, and new spokes hold the new 18×2.15 Tusk Impact aluminum rims to the hubs. The rear drum brakes have been replaced and the drum brake plate has been sand blasted, wet sanded and polished. The front brakes have also been completely gone through. The caliper has been rebuilt, new stainless brake line added and the brake lever / master cylinder has also been replaced with new.
The turn signals have all been replaced with new and worked as they should
The rear brake light is an emgo lucas style brake light and works excellent
The rear shocks have also been replaced with new
New O-ring style drive chain.
The seat was source from a cb350 and has been reupholstered
Horn is new and works well
Both ignition coils have been replaced
Both tubes and tires were replaced.
It has a new lightweight battery installed as well as a new regulator / rectifier, all of which has been nicely sorted underneath the seat.
Handlebars, grips, side mirror, headset bearings, mini speedometer were all replaced at the time of rebuild.
The paint on the bike is in very nice condition, though it is not perfect. Has some dings and imperfections here and there, but it presents well. The tank, front forks, headlight bucket and mounts were all sourced from a Honda cb350f parts bike and were restored some years ago prior to this build. The tank was professionally cleaned and recoated inside. The petcock was rebuilt, but still seems to flow a little fuel so a secondary inline petcock was added to solve the problem.
Title is clean and clear!
Also, with all of this being said, I should mention that I have done all of the work to this bike myself. I have worked in car restoration since my early twenties and have always had a love for small japanese
I’m sure I’m forgetting something here, but i will try to add some information as i think of it. Feel free to ask any questions you may have!
Thanks for checking out my bike!